May 19, 2013

Bargain Hunt

When I was informed by my colleague of a fashion bazaar happening in town, I psyched myself up for the madness that was about to happen. Perhaps, it's because when I think of bazaar, I think of women fighting and snatching over reduced-priced merchandise, much like a scene in the film, Confessions of A Shopaholic. In contrast, the 10th installation of Markets @ Jaya One, Petaling Jaya held yesterday was far from what I envisioned - no pushing and snatching but the heat was putting me off.

To be honest, the apparels on sale were not as cheap as I thought they would be, though many were very funky and different from those sold in the highstreet. If you're looking for street style fashion items, the Markets had lots of that, given over 50 vendors were online fashion stores. The jewelry on the other hand, were great buys, so I ended up buying five items for a total of RM55!

Moon E-Store airplane necklace; RM5
Le Thiuy skull earrings; RM10
Le Thiuy spike bracelet; RM10
Le Thiuy geometric earrings; RM10
Le Thiuy claw ring; RM20; similar here

Photo by Tan Wei Jin


For those who didn't make it to the bazaar yesterday, look out for the next one as it happens every quarter of the year. But if you can't for wait it, you could grab some cool stuff from their online stores instead. Here is the complete list:



What do you think?
What are your thoughts on fashion bazaar? Do you usually find what you want? If you went to yesterday's bazaar, share with me what you bought.
Don't forget to leave a comment and tell me what you think!