Dec 28, 2012

OOTD: Oxblood and Leather Accents




H&M dress; RM99 RM49: available in oxblood and black (similar here)
Payless wedges; RM108 (last seen here and here)
Little Bits bag; RM65; available in white and pink (last seen here and here)
Earrings; RM3
Cuff; RM15

Photos by Tan Wei Jin

The simplicity of a straight-cut, boxy shift dress appeals to me when I have to move around a lot, stuff my face with food, or when I feel lazy to dress up. This 1960's dress cut with its short hemline and loose fit that is suitable for any body type ooze playfulness and youthfulness. Shift dresses are typically sleeveless and have a boat neckline but mine has been updated with sleeves and leather collar detail. Words cannot describe enough how fond I am of this dress as I've worn it over five times since I acquired it two weeks ago at H&M; I even wore it to work on Christmas day. The Little Black Dress has officially taken a backseat as this dress does everything the LBD does and more - it can be worn from day to night for every occasion and the oxblood colour (Autumn/Winter 2012 colour trend) is a killer, hence, overshadows the dull and boring black.

Every young to middle-aged women should own at least one of this easy-going, comfortable dress in their wardrobe. It is perfect for when you run out of time to pick out a decent outfit and for concealing a bloated tummy from the result of over-stuffing yourself with food, especially during this holiday season when there are loads of food involved at parties. But what if you don't fancy the shapeless silhouette shift dresses radiate, you might ask. Well, if you've got the coveted hourglass figure and you don't want to waste your waist, then cinch it in with a belt and you've got your jaw-dropping curves to flaunt and a new dress to boot!

P.S: Hope you had a blessed and joyous Christmas filled with nothing but happiness. May the fun and laughter continues as the new year rings in. Happy New Year, everyone!


What do you think?
What are your thoughts on my outfit? Would you rock the oxblood colour trend? Would you wear a shift dress? How would you style it? If you know of other places to shop for similar items I'm wearing, do share with me.
Don't forget to leave a comment and tell me what you think!