Dec 26, 2012

OOTN: Understated Glamour

"Marriage is the golden ring in a chain whose beginning is a glance and whose ending is Eternity". -  Kahlil Gibran


Oasis dress; £60 £10/RM50
Payless wedges; RM108 (last seen here)
Earrings; borrowed
Bonita bracelet; RM29 RM14.50; available in blue and multi-colour
Vince & Co ring; c/o Vince & Co; price unavailable
Clutch; borrowed; price unavailable
Max Factor mini nail polish; #18 Cloudy Blue


Photos by Tan Wei Jin

To be invited to witness and celebrate the holy matrimony of a loving couple is an honour. But not knowing what to wear the night before the wedding is a complete nightmare. Thank goodness I found this gem of a dress which I wore only once on my five years anniversary with my boyfriend, when I was rummaging through my closet. I can't believe I have completely forgotten that I had this dress which I painstakingly picked out of the myriads of garments from the sales rack at Debenhams last year, as it was regretfully stashed at the back of my closet.

This jersey dress obviously deserve more credit than I give it for for its ingenuity to be bold and flamboyant yet understated, effortless and sophisticated. Since it was already screaming for attention, I didn't intend for my accessories or makeup to compete with it that night. I reckon my understated glamour was befitting for my distant cousin's formal wedding dinner held at a posh hotel ballroom last weekend.

You don't marry someone you can live with - you marry the person who you cannot live without. Surely the newly weds can't bear a day without each other. Congratulations to Mr and Mrs Loh on their marriage!


What do you think?
What are your thoughts on my outfit? What would you wear to a formal wedding dinner reception? If you know of other places to shop for similar items I'm wearing, do share with me.
Don't forget to leave a comment and tell me what you think!