Oct 5, 2012

Arm Candy Obsession

In case you hadn't noticed, I have a fetish over piling on jewellery with my ensemble (I can't leave the house without at least wearing an ornament) albeit my rather small, pathetic collection of them. In spite of that, I'm determined to expand my collection without breaking the bank. So, I spent the afternoon crafting my masterpiece of a chic and edgy bracelet from scraps and pieces I discovered in my sewing box and some unused metal hardware I found lying around in the toolbox for years.

friendship bracelet tutorials

friendship bracelet tutorials

Metal inspired pieces are huge this season with studs and pins adding flair and character to classic leather jackets, denim shorts and ordinary tote bags. But because I'm a wimp when it comes to overhauling my pretty okay clothes (unless I'm absolutely sure about it), I thought I would better channel my Project Runway to something a little less daunting that does not give me sudden panic attack in case it turned into Project Throw-Away.

I've noticed a lot of metal nut bracelets lately, both on the market and DIY; I thought it's a really clever idea of introducing something so industrial and make it into something extremely wearable injected with punk rock vibe and an uncanny feminine feel to it at the same time.

Rather than making mine with hex nuts like every other style gurus, I opted for some silver square nuts, merely to be different. FYI, angular geometric shapes are trending this season.

friendship bracelet tutorials

I'm definitely making more of this inexpensive bracelet in different styles and colours to stack them all on my arms. Time to shop for more supplies.


What do you think?
Would you like me to make a DIY tutorial on this bracelet? What are your thoughts on the hardware inspired bracelets? Would you try this trend or have you tried it? Have you got your hands on DIY bracelets or any other jewellery? If you did, share with me your DIY tutorials.
Don't forget to leave a comment and tell me what you think!